Scrollyteller application comes as a second screen module for a German radio show called “Die Frage” with the targets of providing additional content for the radio show and the topic, creating a new user experience while listening the radio encouraging the interaction with the listener and getting the audio and the additional content connected and synchronized.
This prototype has been built on top of different modules developed in MediaScape. It depends on discovery on local area Network and synchronisation. Apart from that, the prototype is divided in different components:
- Start,stop, restart a radio show
- The accompanying radio show for the ScrollyTeller needs to be modulated as DAB broadcast by a third party modulator (HF-frontend). For this task, a DekTec DTU-21511 was used. When started, the modulator is controlled by this backend component on order to start the playout process.
- This is third party hard and software, which is controlled by this demonstrator.
- Control the content synchronized to the current running radio show
- Presentation of additional, synchronized visual content for specific radio shows.
- Radio GUI Discovery
- By pressing a ‘Play-Button’ on www.br.de/puls discovery for a HTML based GUI on the local area Network will be started, if a GUI was found, it could be launched.
- The DAB+ service from Puls is associated with a RadioWeb Application (RadioDNS Draft)
- The content of the RadioWeb Application is the frontend of the ScrollyTeller